We Care For You!
To our valued guests, our mission to provide the highest level of hospitality and care for guests has always been important to us. In light of the Covid-19 threat, we have intensified our efforts to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and colleagues. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness, making sure you feel comfortable.
At this time, we sympathize with persons who have been affected by this unfortunate event and we appreciate the government, healthcare workers, local communities and who have gone above and beyond to contain the spread of the coronavirus. We have also been working assiduously to monitor the COVID-19 and implement strategies that will safeguard our team members and guests.
COVID-19 Response Team
The Hotel Group has a Covid-19 Response team that was activated in February to monitor and address on-going changes to operational and other procedures following industry best practices.
Our team members have received COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols training from the Ministry of Health and Wellness including general sanitation guidelines and proper use of personal protective equipment.
Please see some of the enhanced measures we have already implemented:
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all public spaces has been increased with special attention paid to “high-touch” areas; e.g.: door handles, elevator buttons, railings, public bathrooms, lobby furniture, stairwells, etc.
- Temperature checks are being administered to all guests upon check-in and all team members on arriving to work. Guests and Team members may also be subject to additional temperature checks performed at random
-Touch-free greeting and welcoming protocol adopted for all team members when interacting with guests.
- New signs have been posted reminding guests and team members of proper handwashing methods and social distancing guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizing stations have been installed in all public areas; e.g.: elevators, lobby, gift shops, business center, etc.
- Trash bins have been placed outside each public bathroom for guests and team members to properly dispose of tissue paper used to open/close doors.
Food + Beverage:
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed at all cafes, restaurants, and bars.
- Spaced out seating for social distancing in restaurants and bars.
- The self-serve buffet meal service has been discontinued.
- Reusable cups and mugs are no longer accepted.
- Servers will wear disposable gloves to collect trays, discarding the gloves immediately after the tray and all its contents have been delivered to the dishwashing area
-Food trays will be set outside room entrance for room service delivery and guest notified
Front Desk Services:
- Key card drop off bowls has been installed to limit contact and facilitate check-out.
- All pens are sanitized after each use. Guests are further encouraged to use personal pens whenever possible.
-Encouraged external clients to communicate with us via email and phone instead of in person.
-Implemented hand sanitizing stations at all restaurants, bars, and high traffic areas.
-Guest rooms will be decluttered to reduce constant re-touch of items such as magazines, room service menus, travel guides, note pads. These will be made available on request. In-room TV channels will be utilized to provide additional guest information.
-All room cleaning equipment used by Housekeepers will be cleaned and sanitized (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, the cart) with Sanitized the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent
-All high touch areas in-room will receive more detailed cleaning regime
-The housekeeping team will be equipped with PPE– disposable gloves, masks, disposable protective apron and educated in proper use and care.
Hotel Team Members:
- Infrared Temperature checks are now provided to all staff upon reporting for work.
- All staff have been provided with face masks that must be worn at all times while on property
- Additional PPE’s will be provided based on work tasks to include gloves, gowns, face shields, and other protective gear.
- Our hotels have a Nurse of Duty if you require any immediate medical attention
- Our Nurses have also been trained in quarantine and isolation protocols
- The hotel also has arrangements for a Doctor of Call (at a cost) for more serious conditions
During Your Stay:
While on the property we ask that you kindly observe both the hotel and Ministry of Health & Wellness protocols at all times.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
-If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
-While in ALL public areas in the hotel, you will be required to wear a mask at all times. If you do not have a mask kindly use some other form of covering over your nose and mouth such as a scarf or handkerchief. If you need to buy a mask, they are available in the hotel Gift Shop.
-Enjoy the “mask” experience and take some cool “selfies” while on property.
-If going off property, please continue to wear your mask
- If traveling in a public vehicle sanitize the seat and the surrounding area.
-Continue to take general precautions and avoid large crowds and close spaces.
No Up Close:
- Social distancing protocols are in place at the hotel and across the island, and this may require staggered meal periods. Kindly observe a minimum of 6 feet between individuals.
-This distance will be monitored especially in the areas where there may be a greater concentration of people, such as restaurants, front desk area, swimming pools, or other outdoor areas. The distance between restaurant chairs, bar chairs, loungers, and tables, will be increased, and marks will be placed indicating the distance to be kept.
-We encourage the use of reservations for different services. This will be valid for restaurants as well as for the gym, children’s areas, recreational facilities, among others.
Keeping a Check:
-Temperature checks will be carried out on check-in and randomly by our team during your stay. This is to protect everyone and identify any early symptoms. If you exhibit an elevated temperature you will be required to self-isolate in-room until the Ministry of Health personal are alerted and advise the next steps.
Look Out, Stay Safe:
-Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing, sneezing and/or runny nose
- If you observe anyone showing these symptoms kindly advise the Duty Manager, who will follow up on the matter immediately.
-If for any reason you may feel unwell please isolate yourself in your room, and contact us by phone, dialing 0 and ask for the Duty Manager, as soon as possible.
Take it Easy:
We encourage you to:
- Rest and avoid over-exertion
- Drink enough water
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas
We’re here for you!
We will ensure that we provide the highest level of hospitality that you deserve and will take appropriate measures to ensure continued service.
Please note we have implemented enhanced health and safety measures at our properties for you, other guests, and team members. All visitors and guests must follow all posted and written instructions while on property. An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any and all spaces where people are present. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the World Health Organization, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and The Ministry of Health and Wellness, senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting and/or staying at our properties, you voluntarily assume any and all risks related to exposure to Covid-19.
The Courtleigh Hospitality Group: Holiday Inn Resort, Montego Bay.
Last updated: June 3, 2020
Read More....Jamaica Tourism Protocols https://www.tpdco.org/covid-19healthprotocols/